Thursday, June 11, 2009

Cruelty to animals, please

Q: Does inflicting cruelty on unwitting animals represent who you are?

A: Yes, reader, it most certainly does. However, the connotation is purely a cultural one, ranging from utter abhorrence to unyeilding respect.

For instance, certain suburban areas in the Republic of Azkhikistan regard a peaceful attitude toward animals as a sign of weakness, and fully expect citizens to immediately inflict the harshest form of violence against any animal within arm's reach. As a result, animals in Azkhikistan are known to be skittish and subserviant, with high stress levels and a much lower life expectancy than most other countries.

I visited once, and without properly researching local customs, I unwittingly failed to slap down a low-flying pigeon which passed close by my head. I was suddenly accosted by a group of heavy-set women who had been celebrating at a nearby pub. I had to retreat to my car until they lost interest in pursuing me and went back to their baby shower.

It was only later that I found out why I had been targetted.

However, in Western society, acts such as slapping down pigeons or tying cats to fishing wire and attaching them to moving ceiling fans are often looked down upon.

0 comments:

About Harv

A genius in almost every way, Harv is qualified to answer questions on any topic with 100% accuracy. If you want to know how, check out Harv's complete profile!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP