Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Brewski blooper

Q: I'm in Japan right now and, a friend told me over a quiet Fosters that it's rude to drink beer from a bottle or can here. He said the only acceptable way is to use a small wooden thimble and shoot the beer while holding your nose, or else you're risking Samarai-sword-impalement.

I've been drinking this way for weeks, but I haven't seen a single local do it yet. Was my friend messing with me?

A: Japan is one of the few countries I haven't yet visited to impose my considerable wealth of knowledge. Perhaps I'll plan a tour in later 2013 when my schedule clears.

However, there's one thing I know that applies to all of humankind. It doesn't matter how you drink your beer, whether it's by thimble, tumbler, pint glass, schooner or old felt wizard hat! Beer brings together anyone who tastes it, with it's bright amber glow and it's cold crisp flavour.

Oh yes, it brings people together in the hospital, because it's clearly is linked to cancer.

0 comments:

About Harv

A genius in almost every way, Harv is qualified to answer questions on any topic with 100% accuracy. If you want to know how, check out Harv's complete profile!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP