Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Readers or writers, that is the question...

Q: Why do you refer to people who write to you as "readers" when they are "writing" to you. Shouldn't you refer to them as "writers" or perhaps "followers" as in the Twitter domain? I don't read much of this s**t...

A: Good point, let me try it out, dear writer.

No, see, it just doesn't have a good ring to it, does it? It seems a pretty fair assumption that, if you've written a question in, you've quite obviously read the site, haven't you? I mean if you weren't a reader, how could you ever be a writer?

And even if you weren't a reader before this - say, someone gave you the AskHarv email address and you emailed in blind - you're gonna be a reader eventually, aren't you? Because if you're reading this now, I can call you a reader, can't I?

To be honest, you've confounded me somewhat, and now I will have to go to my therapist and get her to give me reaffirming mantras, such as "I am an intelligent, astute and powerfully sexual being" to repeat over and over again.

Thanks for costing me $780 and two hours of my time, dear reader!

0 comments:

About Harv

A genius in almost every way, Harv is qualified to answer questions on any topic with 100% accuracy. If you want to know how, check out Harv's complete profile!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP