Thursday, September 17, 2009

Deathbed Definitions

Q: On his deathbed, my father said to me, "Son, whatever you do in life DON'T shirk, beefle or toodlehop".

For the last 27 years I've been trying to honour his advice... but it's really hard because I don't have a clue what he was talking about.

Perhaps you can help me?


A: Yes, of course I can, dear reader. These are all straighforward slang English language terms.

Shirk: To wear a shirt with a big K on it. This is a fashion no-no unless your name is Kevin, with the nickname "Big Kev".

Beefle: to be led to believe something that is leading you to believe your beliefs are unbelievable. People like this drive me nuts and evidently your father agreed with me.

Toodlehop: To say goodbye on the phone, then restart the conversation over and over again.

Your father was a wise man, and hopefully this will help you straighten out your life. Because if you've been doing any of the above for the past 27 years, your father is gonna hate your guts from beyond the grave.

0 comments:

About Harv

A genius in almost every way, Harv is qualified to answer questions on any topic with 100% accuracy. If you want to know how, check out Harv's complete profile!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP